Problem is, they likely won't.
by NDBass (2018-01-06 12:17:43)

In reply to: I will say this re: Countinho leaving LFC  posted by wcnitz

The timing is especially bad if they don't. No chance of winning UCL without him/like replacement and top 4 will be much more difficult.

Without that qualification, they won't be able to attract a replacement.

They are already a better team with VVD.
by NDMike2001  (2018-01-06 18:00:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mahrez would be an ideal replacement for half the price of Lemar. Leaving them with plenty of cash in the summer for a keeper and squad depth.

The timing for Coutinho is odd.
by IrishCavan  (2018-01-06 15:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's the one who forced this move. He can't play in the UCL, so why not wait till summer?
If they can get Lemar and/or Mahrez this window, I'll be fine with the move.

Maybe his wife couldn't wait to get to Spain. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-01-07 01:36:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get Lemar
by wcnitz  (2018-01-06 12:26:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And more midfield help. That would seal top 4, I think. Especially the way United and Chelsea have looked.