Lukaku over Morata looking like...
by wiNDycityfan (2018-02-25 11:05:29)
Edited on 2018-02-25 11:05:44

we ended up with Drew Bledsoe after all.

What a performance. Fantastic touch, savage finishing.

Morata, on the other hand, toppled like a blade of grass under a summer breeze.

Great win. Glory!

Hey wiNDy, I'm sorry.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 14:53:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently you had no idea I was giving a Man U fan shit. You're probably not used to that, and probably have no ability to defend yourself against my unreasonable attacks. I'd delete my shameful post, but I'm going to leave it there as my scarlet letter.

Next time when we play you, which will be at home (either your home or my home), let's be sure to give it our best efforts and hope that we get the outcome that we are all looking for. Which for you, that would probably be a draw, because well...Mourinho!

We? *
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-25 18:51:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our? (link)
by Rusty  (2018-02-26 16:41:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Absolutely.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 10:16:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't you think there is rational distinction between being an alumnus of an institution versus being a fan?

There are shares available for that publicly traded company if fanboys want to be a part of the Mourinho magic.

P.S. Your post is a bit stalkery.

Unless you also played on the team while in school
by Rusty  (2018-02-27 11:04:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

no, I don’t see much difference.

I thought it was a really weird thing to call out the poster for, and it took 15 seconds to see if you’d done the same over on Rocks. Maybe next time don’t make it so obvious.

Unless the distinction is how most rational people think.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 11:22:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why wouldn't I make it "obvious?"

Moreover, it's a site dedicated to Notre Dame (and specifically ND football as to Rock's House). I'm simply perplexed as to why anyone would reference "we" when it comes to talking about Man U on this board.

Oh, and F Man U.

I’ll look for similar posts from you responding to all the
by Rusty  (2018-02-27 11:45:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sub alums on Rocks who use “we.”

I'm sure you will. You seem like that kind of guy.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 11:56:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In case I have not made myself clear, I'll lay it out there for your clearly.

1. My reference to Notre Dame (yes, including the football team) as "we" is well-founded in logic insofar as I have and continue to be a part of Notre Dame as most anyone that has attended the school. Although there are exceptions for those that actually do not feel a part of the school. Nonetheless, my reference to Notre Dame is a rather prevailing though.

2. My acceptance of Notre Dame sub-alums as "we" is one of both tolerance in everyday life and even more so on a Notre Dame fan website.

3. Discussing a completely unrelated entity and doing so on a Notre Dame site as "we" is just weird.

4. The burden of proof is on all Man U fans to rebut the presumption that they are douchey bandwagon fanboys.

So your problem is with the use of "we" on this board
by Rusty  (2018-02-27 12:56:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in reference to a team not affiliated with Notre Dame? It's weird, as you say. Is that right?

I literally just laid it out for you. *
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 14:04:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then I'm sure, because of your great concern over the use
by Rusty  (2018-02-27 14:16:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the word "we" in relation to non-ND entities on this board, that you'll go back and edit your own post at the link. Or, maybe I need to congratulate you on your national team cap and near-4th place finish.

Or, instead of your shifting, transparent excuses, you could've just admitted early on that you were only being an asshole because the poster is a ManU fan.

I'm not sure you've actually read my posts in this thread.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 14:18:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But apparently you went digging through lots of my old ones.

Also not weird at all. Not. At. All.

Based on your shifting excuses
by Rusty  (2018-02-27 14:41:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you seem unsure about a lot.

The search function is at the top of every NDNation page, available to every poster. You shouldn't be surprised to get called out when you double down on acting like an asshole.

First ever win against Chelsea and Atkinson *
by poweri  (2018-02-25 18:28:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought Morata was onside at the end.
by NDBass  (2018-02-25 11:20:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen ones that weren't that close not flagged before.

Definitely on-side
by wcnitz  (2018-02-25 12:43:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That outstretched leg kept him on, and that's a tough call for an AR. But he should default to no offside unless he's sure otherwise.

He was onside
by HTownND  (2018-02-25 12:16:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh well. And I guess Windy forgot that goal by Morata earlier this year.

Actually I know he didn’t, but congrats, you won a home match in the PL.

Glory indeed (I didn’t realize how far removed from being good that Man U was where beating Chelsea at home meant Glory! but here we are).

Glory is the heart, soul and sound
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-02-26 09:04:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of Manchester United.

That is all. No need to read too much into it.