Is Brendan Rodgers really being linked with the Arsenal job?
by NDBass (2018-02-27 14:03:41)

That could be...interesting.

Read Carlito wanted it...
by iudomer  (2018-02-27 16:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or another PL job. Read Jogi Loew too.

Could be a rough summer for the Gooners...
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 16:35:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think that Low would be a tremendous hire. But having to wait for Germany through the World Cup would have to be excruciating. Not to mention a difficult way to start your premiership - hired two weeks before the season and close of the transfer window. But surely they don't want to endure another season with Wenger.

There is a reason the front office is preparing
by mitquinn  (2018-02-27 17:01:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the next coach will have to work with the scout and transfer positions (from Germany and Barcelona FC) that have recently been hired.

It would be an ideal set up for Low who is not experienced in either area.

No chance Löw goes to England
by wcnitz  (2018-03-01 09:03:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be absolutely shocked. The man is worshipped in Germany and if he wants a club, he could have Bayern tomorrow. He could also come into Bayern in January 2019 if they agreed to it ahead of time and got Jupp to stick around for the first half of next season.

Klopp's personality is a great match for England. LFC fans love him and the press eat him every word he says. Löw isn't that kind of guy, though. Just don't see his persona working there.

Those aren't exclusive things.
by NDMike2001  (2018-03-01 10:19:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, he's loved in Germany and could have Bayern if he wants it.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't go to England. There's so much money there, and "failure" there wouldn't result in the loss of much, if any, love in England.

As to his personality, England loves winners. If he does that, they wouldn't particularly care if he's a Klopp or a Morinho. Although you have to wonder if life would be easier for Morinho if he wasn't such a prick.

But the manager has to do the work.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 21:44:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both preparing the team and recruiting the transfers. I imagine Low will be 100% focused on Germany until mid January.

That's not exactly ideal.

Thats your assumption
by mitquinn  (2018-02-27 22:44:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not mine.

I cannot stress enough how massive the shift that is occurring within the club right now.

Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislintat (not exactly lightweights) are going to lay the infrastructure for the next manager.

It's common sense.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-28 02:04:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sure, it's great for them that the infrastructure is there to recruit and sign players. But they need a vision to sell and a manager to manage. Im simply suggesting that if Low is the guy (and he seems like a homerun kind of hire), it may not happen this summer. Or even if it does, Gooners are gonna have to take the long view. He'll be coming off a pressure packed summer and a job that he's been in for over a decade that will end in bitter disappointment or extreme high.

Low might walk into a great situation. But I'm just not sure it will be this July.

To some extent I like it a bit like the Klopp situation. Liverpool had to endure the lame duck BRodge for another half season while Klopp continued to settle after a successful tenure in a job he loved. Rodgers miraculously lured Firmino. Klopp eventually came in and has slowly brought his guys in.

Arsenal will surely learn from the United/Moyes situation. And, IMO, while the potential is certainly there for Arsenal to eventually build a plug and play manager situation like Bayern, Real and Barca it will most likely take a prominent manager to set the plan in motion. Not sure Carlito is that guy. He's surely one that could move it along. And for Low to have any kind of success in August, were he to start then, I'd imagine Arsenal will have to win Europa this year. Barring that, it's my opinion that Arsenal will be stuck in purgatory for at least another ten months.

As a Liverpool fan, I know what that is like to witness!

He's actually a pretty good coach.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 14:36:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The problem is that he is...well...nuts.

He was not good at player management.
by NDBass  (2018-02-27 15:23:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know how much control he had over player transactions, but it was all over the board during his time.

All part of him being nuts...
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 15:44:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From Sterling as Left back and striker to Can as central defender, he was all over the map. Then there were the stories from the players that never understood where they were in the team. And the press conferences. Good lord, I think he could give Diaco a run for his money.

He played Destro
by HTownND  (2018-02-27 14:44:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In that first GI Joe movie, right?

I've never seen a GI Joe movie.
by NDMike2001  (2018-02-27 15:03:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I'm reasonably certain that I've seen that face many, many times.

And I hope to see it at the Emirates many times in the near future!

Also played the villain in Gone in Sixty Seconds
by wcnitz  (2018-02-28 10:12:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A Cage peak classic.