Squeaky bum time
by HTownND (2018-03-13 17:14:19)

At Old Trafford.

Still 0-0 with about 20 minutes left.

Could be a crazy ending.

a vast collection of talent that does not resemble a team *
by wcnitz  (2018-03-14 08:40:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Neither does plugging in pieces or tactics way messed up
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 11:37:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Setting up an attack through 4-1-4-1 with two CDMs (one of which out of form), Rashford (our most in-form attacker) out of position, a frontline absolutely non-sensical and zero space, with tactics that still rely on punting to Lukaku playing back to the goal and hoping for a miracle.

Jose really fucked this one up.

I don't see how Rashford, Alexis and Pogba all work
by wcnitz  (2018-03-14 12:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pogba isn't a CDM, Alexis wants to drift to the middle and doesn't play on the right, Rashford is best up front or wide, so...yeah.

Pogba didn't start...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 15:42:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but when he does, he plays behind the frontline and (likes) drifts forward.

Anyway, the team played uninspired without a good connection in the midfield, and when Pogba came in, it was a return to the typical setup. It added no life to the squad.

If he wasn't injured, why not starting him? I tell you why - cause Mou wanted to defend until the 60th minute.

Sevilla came to play, Mourinho came to duck.

Look at their respective heatmaps
by wcnitz  (2018-03-15 08:39:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pogba and Sanchez continually occupy the same space. Jose doesn't have personnel that match up.

Buying Sanchez seems reactive and a City counter. It made them worse.

When Pogba finally came on
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-03-14 15:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He generally loafed around with his hands flapping at his sides in frustration. Even more so after the goal.

What was the starting formation?
by mitquinn  (2018-03-14 12:14:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I casually glanced at the match only to see Alexis puzzled on how to bring the ball in from the right wing on his wrong foot.

I cackled at the inevitable turnover.

4-1-4-1
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 15:33:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

---------------- De Gea ------------
Valencia - Bailly - Smalling - Young
-------------- Fellaini ------------
Matic -- Rashford -- Lingard -- Alexis
-------------- Lukaku ---------------

I kid you not.

Matic was on the wing?
by iudomer  (2018-03-14 15:40:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

GTFO

Yup...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 15:45:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matic on the wing, and a congested midfield full of wing players, all in different roles they're accustomed to.

GTFO indeed.

Glory! *
by tex29  (2018-03-14 07:00:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heh *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-14 11:31:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jose contract renewal....
by iudomer  (2018-03-13 21:48:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When will the Glazers give up on A
Ed Woodward?

One never gives up on Ed(ward) Woodward.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-03-13 23:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not anymore...
by dfw  (2018-03-13 17:16:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sevilla jump ahead

Spoiler
by HTownND  (2018-03-13 17:31:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy shit that was a crazy 15 minutes.

Man U needs 2 goals in the final couple of minutes. They are toast

3 EPL teams entered the 2nd leg tied
by DakotaDomer  (2018-03-13 18:41:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2 of them had home matches to advance

I wonder how the one who has to travel will do

They’ll choke too. EPL is so overrated *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-13 18:43:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ll take that bet
by HTownND  (2018-03-13 20:17:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know I’m a fanboy but I’m bullish on our chances tomorrow and getting top 4 as well

No way, no how...
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-13 22:32:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not this year.

Chelsea will be on his way back to London tomorrow, with only the EPL table to look forward to.

It’s on.

So pissed *
by wiNDycityfan  (2018-03-13 18:23:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post