Host Cities for proposed U.S./Canada/Mexico World Cup Bid
by Cul Baire (2018-03-15 16:58:37)

Some odd choices. Edmonton but no Vancouver?

And selfishly I'd love to have seen Chicago, St. Louis, or Indianapolis on the list.

Cincinnati? Signaling the next MLS expansion perhaps?
by plaid_pants  (2018-03-15 23:19:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every other US city except Baltimore is an MLS city. Though I suspect that the MLS venues will not be the ones in use for the World Cup in most of those cities except Atlanta and Boston.

Probably figure Vancouver crowd will go to Seattle.
by tex29  (2018-03-15 19:45:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Better to include Calgary or Edmonton so that it is closer for the people from middle provinces.

Levi's is the Bay Area venue now.
by skip encarnacion  (2018-03-15 18:42:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't stand that place.

No Chicago? Am I the only one shocked by that?
by DakotaDomer  (2018-03-15 18:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just assumed Chicago was a given

They probably told Rahm he'd have to split
by irishlawyer  (2018-03-15 22:07:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all the corrupt money he'd make with them.

It pulled out of the bid. *
by tex29  (2018-03-15 19:42:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chicago pulled out due to FIFA demands
by wcnitz  (2018-03-15 18:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't say I blame them.

I don't like Atlanta.
by NDBass  (2018-03-15 17:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's be great for me to see games live, but I hate games played on natural grass that is installed over turf. Maybe it would have a chance to settle as it would be done in anticipation of multiple games and not just a one-off, but I still don't like it.

EDIT: I guess you can add Boston, Seatlle, and a host of others. I just looked for Atlanta because I figured they'd want to play in MBS.