I'd hate to see him under Mourinho.
by IrishCavan (2018-07-29 15:52:34)

In reply to: There’s only one club he should go to if he were to move...  posted by wiNDycityfan

It would not serve him well at this stage of his career.

Would be a waste of his talent
by wcnitz  (2018-07-31 10:39:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs to play an open game. Not a closed one.

Agreed. *
by Rocksteady74  (2018-07-30 12:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Klopp and Liverpool is probably the best EPL move for him
by fontoknow  (2018-07-29 16:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just worry there is not enough playing time for him.

That's my concern.
by NDBass  (2018-07-29 19:01:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a Liverpool fan, I'd love to sign him. As a USMNT fan, I fear it would hurt his development.

Not a chance.
by NDMike2001  (2018-07-30 17:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are tons of minutes between league, domestic cups and UCL. And Klopp is one of the few big club coaches that places a lot of emphasis on training.

It's either time for him to make the jump to a big club or he would have to commit a couple years to a mid table kind of team.

Unfortunately, the instability at Dortmund probably hinders his development as much as anything.

All that being said, if he needs practice preparing for USMNT, he should go to the Championship. That way his supporting cast would be closer to what he'd have to play with!