Hmmmm...where to put it
by DakotaDomer (2018-08-16 15:19:42)

In reply to: This, this is brilliant  posted by HTownND

Miami, Houston, or an old standby like LA/NYC?

It's going to be Miami
by fontoknow  (2018-08-16 20:50:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ross owns the marking company.

Probably East Coast, but bigger issue is which teams
by spade  (2018-08-16 15:48:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Make it East Coast so at least the Spaniards can tune in late night to watch the game.

Bigger issue is what teams. A matchup like Levante vs Bilbao ain't going to fill up anything more than a high school stadium. And the La Liga obsessed Miamians still aren't going to show up for anything less than Athletico or Valencia. It just doesn't resonate the same way any random NFL matchup in London does.
And I could see Real or Barca veto-ing being sent over here in their away match vs a team. They probably don't want players jetting around the Atlantic any more than necessary what with Champs Leagues games, National Team friendlies etc. However if one of the top 4 agrees to do it, then there is potential.

Like tex29 said, I wish it was EPL. Then at least a middle-pack matchup like Leicester vs West Ham would be exciting.

I'll bet that Real will be there the first year.
by IrishCavan  (2018-08-17 11:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It sounds like Charlie Stillitano, who is close to the higher-ups at Real, was the main force behind this deal. There is no way, IMO, they did this deal without the consent of Real and Barca.

CL isn't an issue in August
by fontoknow  (2018-08-17 14:02:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for the big boys.

I wonder if right before winter break might be another option.