One that would know how to expose Pep and Klopp even better *
by wiNDycityfan (2018-08-28 12:23:39)
Edited on 2018-08-28 12:24:10

In reply to: This is my fear.  posted by NDBass

This user did not provide content for this post

Ah yes
by wcnitz  (2018-08-28 14:40:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of their success is just a façade due to a weak United.

Expose them as what?
by fontoknow  (2018-08-28 12:35:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Expose has pejorative connotations.

Are we exposing them as frauds? As bad coaches?

I honestly don't know how to evaluate Zindine as a manager. As boss at RM, he had a host of treasures at his disposal. Managing those egos was likely a huge challenge. Though how successful was he at managing those egos?

At managing egos Zizou
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-08-28 14:57:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was unbelievable. From Cristiano to Ramos he knew the notes to play.

Having said that, his treatment of young players, his stubborness with personnel and his overall tactical approach were sometimes uneven. Tough to complain about 3 Champions leagues in a row and I love Zidane but he is not perfect and, while I believe he would be an improvement, there is more wrong with United than the manager.

United suffers from the same fate as the Yankees
by fontoknow  (2018-08-28 15:14:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

under Steinbrenner for most of the 80s and early 90s.