Spot on response from Sterling today *
by miamioh_irishfan (2018-12-09 11:48:50)

In reply to: Solid win  posted by tcfc

This user did not provide content for this post

Thought so as well
by tcfc  (2018-12-09 12:09:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also thought Robbie Earle was extremely eloquent this morning.

Yep, although I find the notion that racism
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-12-09 14:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is only starting to infect English football to be lacking awareness.

It's been there for a long time.

I think Robbie's point
by wcnitz  (2018-12-09 15:36:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was that it's starting to creep back into the forefront after a lot of effort had been spent on player, coach and supporter outreach.

It was pretty tough
by TCFC  (2018-12-10 13:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to listen to him express his feeling that he'd (and other older players) had failed the younger generation of guys like Sterling.

It's never completely gone away but I'm guessing that Earle and others of his age would have hoped that issues like what happened at Stamford Bridge would have stopped by now.

Absolutely
by wcnitz  (2018-12-10 14:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You could see how much it was affecting him. Rebecca wanted to give him a hug.

Side note: Rebecca can hug me whenever she wants.

Ditto *
by TCFC  (2018-12-10 15:40:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post