Glad to be wrong.
by NDBass (2018-12-11 17:06:50)

In reply to: Klopp tried to do you a favor.  posted by NDBass

Also probably glad I wasn't able to watch.

LFC had something like 24 attempts today
by Siegfried08  (2018-12-11 18:08:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate that midfield trio too, but they weren't the problem today. They linked up nicely with the front three -- Mane just had a case of the yips. Alas, through the last 16!

I just don't get the hate...
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 12:48:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's the same midfield that took them to the UCL finals last year.

Sure, we all like the thought of Fabinho, Keita and Shaq upgrading the midfield. But you're talking about a situation in which conceding one goal most likely gets you booted when you are playing a team that gives up less than a goal per game.

I have no problem sticking with your guns and looking for the spark from the others if you need them.

I rather like Henderson. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done and provides good leadership. Sure, Fabinho is probably the better player. But that would have been a huge, huge call to drop Hendo in the biggest match of the season.

They've been rather ineffective this season.
by NDBass  (2018-12-12 16:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Henderson, especially so. He needs to be consistent.

Also, you're discounting what Ox added to the midfield last season.

Ineffective at what?
by NDMike2001  (2018-12-12 19:33:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top of the table is ineffective now?

Klopp has changed the formation/strategy to concede fewer goals. It has worked. It comes at the expense of the lethal attack we saw last year. But it's getting better.

Again, the appeal of Keita, Fabinho and Shaq is nice. But they have been far from consistent.

Tell me your lineup that you are putting out there knowing that one goal ends the tourney.

Wouldn't have been close if Mane could finish *
by wcnitz  (2018-12-11 17:32:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post