It might not have been a match camera
by spade (2019-04-18 08:59:38)

In reply to: Not that I would expect you to change your mind,  posted by tex29

Was it a camera owned by the broadcast team, if not then it's not going to be in the booth. Taken to an extreme your argument could be why didn't they patch in a camera phone video to the booth taken by a supporter in the stands?

Any blaming of the VAR system for not having access to the Zapruder film isn't a valid argument.

The BT UK feed was used for VAR
by CuzTeahan  (2019-04-18 13:37:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The question is why only one view was displayed to the VAR official. That the standards and process for using and reviewing camera angles will need to be more specific in the future. UEFA's conclusory statement that it was not a handball without explaining their process only feeds the conspiracy theorists.

For me, the handball was a lot clearer than was the offsides, but all credit to Tottenham for playing a brave and aggressive game. They deserved their win.

Don't think it makes a difference
by wcnitz  (2019-04-18 09:19:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See my post above, but the fact that the handling itself - regardless of the goal - wasn't a handling, and that it actually came off the hip and went into goal means it's no infraction according to the LOTG today.