Yep, perhaps I'm spoiled, but this season has me sad
by irish2003 (2019-05-05 20:58:19)

In reply to: While I agree that Pep's Barca  posted by KnightlyRevue

Finally made it to the Bernabeu last year, and while it was an off week, it was an amazing experience & actually become a dues-paying socio in person there! Adjusting for the relative historical ceilings and CR7 as a Rushmore vs. 2 very good college players, this year somewhat reminded me of ND basketball - can't replace Ronaldo nor Bonzie/Farrell, but definitely didn't see this level of collapse either. Sounds like Hazard & Jovic are on the way; I have a soft spot for Ha-mez if he can fit in under Zidane; and I do think we make a run at Mbappe down the road as he's given PSG a fair shot by now.

W/r/t the CL, it's a bit of a case by case thing for me - would gladly pull for Villareal, Valencia, Bilbao, etc over Man City, Chelski, Munchen, etc but am torn on the Barca/Atleti duo, and Ajax has been a joy to watch. As you alluded (completely agree on Suarez pairing perfectly with Messi; just don't trust his consistency long-term), I think those two will run roughshod over Daley and the youth, but hopefully it's a fun final to watch, and at least the terceradecima gave us a little more breathing room at the top.