The US Women's kits
by HTownND (2019-05-28 15:53:47)
Edited on 2019-05-28 15:59:54

I don't hate them (while they were unveiled in March, just saw them on a social media feed for the first time)

AWAY

HOME

Sorry if this has already been discussed

Do you expect they'll win the Cup in those jerseys?
by volley  (2019-05-30 10:28:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To those of you who follow the women's game, how would you handicap this year's World Cup?

I really enjoy watching the US, and I particularly like the play of Heath, Ertz and Lavelle. I'm looking forward to the games this summer.

I think this year's team is strong
by HTownND  (2019-05-30 11:45:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are the obvious teams to compete with Japan/Brazil, but I really like our chances this year.

I really like the mix of veterans and youth on this squad, which I think will pay some dividends for the next few cycles. I think the past few teams were too skewed to the veteran or youth side, and they finally found a good balance.

It's a better and more balanced squad than 2015
by wcnitz  (2019-05-30 14:02:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's not a lot of weakness in that roster.

And I'm really looking forward to seeing how Alex Morgan plays while healthy in a WC. I think she could end up scoring a lot of goals.

This may be damning with faint praise, but they are
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-05-29 14:22:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

certainly better than some of the men's kits we have seen in recent years.

The Bomb-Pop Jersey is awesome *
by steez_nutz  (2019-05-30 15:08:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

unremarkable
by Irishlawyer  (2019-05-29 11:17:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you said it right. I don't hate them. I'm also not running out to get one for my 11 year old daughter who loves the USWNT.

But that's progress right?
by HTownND  (2019-05-29 11:26:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel like we've had a string of kits that have been truly awful.

I'll take bland and traditional US colors at this point.

I haven't really liked a US kit since the men's centennial kit.

It is progress
by irishlawyer  (2019-05-29 22:44:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but can't we do better?

Cordeiro, Flynn, Garber... they could at least get Nike to do their job, no?

I agree.
by NDBass  (2019-05-29 12:52:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not the audience as I will never buy one (men's or women's), though.

I'll say it
by HTownND  (2019-05-29 12:56:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank god there isn't a fucking sash

Nike makes crap national team kits, generally *
by wcnitz  (2019-05-29 11:56:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not just national-team kits. *
by tex29  (2019-05-29 12:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by wcnitz  (2019-05-29 13:21:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Adidas is superior in this regard. As is New Balance, IMO.

Adidas is still garbage.
by NDBass  (2019-05-29 14:59:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The need to put three stripes on just about everything kills the look for me. They tend to be a bit less template driven than Nike, but it is still there.

I'm obviously biased with New Balance, but they seem to be slightly more original for each team. I can't say I've inspected them in depth, though.

Agreed
by HTownND  (2019-05-29 13:34:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the Adidas fan gear is complete and utter shit. Nike has them beat by many miles in that regard.

Typically, yes
by wcnitz  (2019-05-29 13:36:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern's gear, that I purchase directly from the DE store, is fantastic. I have yet to wear out any t-shirt or hoodie I've bought there, and most are Adidas. I think the quality level varies by league/club.

You definitely pay for the quality, though. That 89EU hoodie has lasted 5 years.

The stuff
by HTownND  (2019-05-29 13:48:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've gotten from the Chelsea Megastore that was Adidas was garbage.

But I could see why they might prioritize local stuff and specifically the top German club.

This is true
by HTownND  (2019-05-29 12:54:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate that they basically create a template, then fit everyone into it.

It's lazy (and they do it for club teams as well).

Where have I seen this template before?

That's right, it was everywhere

We get it, everything ends at the seam between the shoulders and middle. Colors vary, patterns end. It's a great template