Context of the Adams comment?
by wcnitz (2019-06-06 13:39:18)

In reply to: Gold Cup roster  posted by Irishlawyer

Not sure I understand that.

Feel bad for Sargent - I know there wasn't a lot of room for him after Lletget's injury, but why not just send him to the u-20s in the first place?

Adams is listed as a defender on the roster.
by NDBass  (2019-06-06 13:54:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Based on the OP, I assume he's going to play right back.

It’s a hybrid position
by wcnitz  (2019-06-06 16:36:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is part of his system and something that does fit Adams.

I’m not a fan of it myself, but it’s what Adams can do.

I have no opinion one way or the other.
by NDBass  (2019-06-06 17:28:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just noting what I think the OP meant.

Gregg likes Adams in a Man City style
by Irishlawyer  (2019-06-06 15:41:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

attacking wing-back role. Adams probably can play that role. The rest of the USMNT is not good enough to play in a system like that. Gregg continues to insist that they try. He complains about depth at midfield, especially at CDM, and then picks Trap (who was his captain when Gregg ran the Columbus Crew) despite Trap not being an international caliber player (if Sargent isn't, Trap certainly is not).