Apparently the Sané deal is very close
by wcnitz (2019-08-01 13:12:21)

Both Kicker and Bild are reporting it now, with the transfer fee around 100m.

According to Castles, Bayern and City have been discussing it for 3 months - City wanted Sané to either extend or depart.

Do we think this will be completed by Thursday? *
by HTownND  (2019-08-03 09:35:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bad juju...
by iudomer  (2019-08-07 19:19:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sam Lee, City writer, saying ACL tear.

Bad for the kid, bad for Bayern, bad for City. Fuuuuuuuuuck. I'd still sign him though.

Hell yes you still sign him *
by wcnitz  (2019-08-07 21:31:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Partial ACL tear...
by iudomer  (2019-08-08 10:43:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

out a few months. Still would buy, at a discount to the expected 125m euros. 90m plus bonuses would make sense with two years on his contract left plus this injury.

Yep...
by iudomer  (2019-08-03 10:05:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

German papers are saying by Wednesday. If he doesn't dress for Liverpool match, could be Mon/Tues.

And there it is...
by iudomer  (2019-08-03 10:44:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

@iMiaSanMia: According to BILD, Leroy Sané will not play tomorrow's Community Shield game against Liverpool due to fears of a possible injury that might make the move to Bayern fall through in the last minute. https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1157658725504749568/photo/1

I guess we will see in the AM if he’s in the squad or not
by HTownND  (2019-08-03 10:56:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting times

He's in the starting XI - official Man City twitter account *
by idesofoctober  (2019-08-04 09:20:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by HTownND  (2019-08-04 09:51:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The German press have been full of shit on all this.

They may be worse than the English papers with the transfer stuff.

I still think they will sell Sané by Thursday, but I think the price just keeps going up with each public screw up by the Germans. No one at City gives too fucks if some old manager thinks Sane is a perfect fit and isn’t getting enough time at City, but keep tapping Bayern, the price will just keep going up.

Bayern really has stepped on their cranks a ton this year. Their tapping up has been embarrassingly unseemly.

There’s so much ego involved too
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-08-04 10:12:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh we’re Bayern, of course this young German kid wants to come here.

And now a knee injury...
by iudomer  (2019-08-04 10:34:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks Pep.

Bayern fans getting pissed at Pep
by HTownND  (2019-08-04 10:50:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is hilarious

Indeed.
by tex29  (2019-08-08 12:42:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s pretty simple. If you really want Sané, quit screwing around and pay the fee. If Jão Félix is worth €126 million, Sané is worth at least €140. Instead of making statements to the press in hopes it will drive down the price, pay the damn fee. If you had, he would have been training with you instead of getting injured in the Community Shield.

Bayern fucked this up about a hundred different ways. And I’m still content to let Sané rehab at City and sit on his existing contract for two years, if that’s what he wants. If Bayern doesn’t pay the fee, that is what’s going to happen. Or Sané will realize it’s in his interest to take the £200k per week extension City is offering, rather than get paid £60k for the next two years with no security.

Either way, your move, Bayern.

I know...
by iudomer  (2019-08-04 11:04:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You could say he's already an injured Bayern winger.

Here’s my useless hot take
by HTownND  (2019-08-04 13:48:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern has read this all wrong.

They’ve known forever they needed to replace Robben and Ribery

Moreover, everyone else knows it.

Bayern also waited way too long to address the situation, and when they had that oh shit moment, they went out of character and began tapping up players, and doing some unseemly things in public.

Again, because they are desperate and everyone knows it.

The problem is, they went after Chelsea and City players tapping them up.

Chelsea and especially City don’t need the money. Moreover, they are not desperate.

See the Hazard to Real situation. Chelsea was always going to sell Hazard, but it was going to be on their terms. Eventually Real paid up and it got done.

Sane to Bayern will most likely happen by Thursday. But only when the club that is desperate, meets the price/valuation of the non desperate club.

Bayern is desperate here, everyone knows it. They will have to pay a premium to get Sane. Not because City needs the money, but because that’s their valuation of the player. Instead of tapping up and leaking done deals at 90M. The desperate club should pay up and get it over the line. Publicly tapping Sane up isn’t going to reduce the price at this point. It doesn’t matter how many Bild hot takes are printed. Everyone knows Bayern is desperate. They are going to have to pay a big premium to City at this point.

Balls in Bayern’s court. They nozzed it up waiting so long. Now they will have to pay for their mistakes. And all the tapping up in the world won’t change the price. Bayern isn’t going to get Sane cheap, because City isn’t desperate, Bayern is.

I'm not sure they did wait that long
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 07:54:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of the City reporters recently said Bayern started reaching out to City back in May. Who knows what's actually happened, because half the reports are an offer was never made and the other half say Bayern has been trying all summer.

The money doesn't even really matter, and both Bayern and City know it. City probably has a bit more pressure money wise (because of FFP nagging) but Bayern's numbers are public and everybody knows they're sitting on a mountain of cash.

Which City reporter? If you’re referring to Duncan Castles,
by tex29  (2019-08-08 12:33:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he knows about as much about City as I do about astrophysics.

Sorry
by HTownND  (2019-08-05 15:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They should have had real replacements for these guys, on the squad, before August of 2018.

That's what I meant by waiting too long. They waited until right near the end of their tenures at Bayern, which was problematic.

Yep, that's on Uli and KHR
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 15:14:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doing the dance around Robben and Franck. Trying to keep them happy while knowing they were past it. Most of the supporters agreed it should have happened earlier.

I get that Bayern wants to be different than other clubs, and treat the veterans like family. Especially two that have embraced Munich. But this came at the expense of the club's long term health.

As an outsider
by HTownND  (2019-08-05 15:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's been fascinating to watch, and is not what I had come to expect from Bayern, and their historically clinical transfer dealings.

The past 12 months have been anything but.

I think they are going to screw up Muller's end of career
by fontoknow  (2019-08-05 16:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He probably should have been sold last year or the year before.

Nah..
by iudomer  (2019-08-05 20:37:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will ride the pine until the end of his career. He will retire there as his wife is a champion horse jumper. They have a huge barn.

Yep, he’s going nowhere
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 21:23:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s Bavarian through and through.

Like Reus at Dortmund, he’s staying put.

Some of it is on Brazzo
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 16:13:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some of it is at the top. Uli clearly wanted to make a splash before his exit. Bull in a china shop.

Agree with all that...
by iudomer  (2019-08-04 14:49:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Imagine most Bayern fans agree.

PS
by HTownND  (2019-08-04 13:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only leverage anyone has is if Sane himself handed in a transfer request.

That he hasn’t is interesting, because that’s the only leverage anyone from the Bayern side can leverage.

That said, I suspect such a request would get the same response. Sounds good. Tell them to hand over 140M and it’s done.

If he’s not playing
by HTownND  (2019-08-03 15:32:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s interesting that he boarded a train for London with the rest of his teammates.

As a contrast, Danilo, heavily linked with Juve wasn’t on the train.

It again feels like the Germans are trying to will this into existence publicly.

City can ask for an additional 10m...
by iudomer  (2019-08-03 16:51:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After today's German Supercup and likely would get it.

This has to be the year for BVB.
by baloo88  (2019-08-04 15:45:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yesterday's match was pretty even, but with the exceptions of Gnabry and Hernandez, Bayern pretty much rolled out a full strength lineup. Meanwhile, BVB left out three sure starters (Brandt, Hummels, Bürki) and several significant contributors (Götze, Hazard, Delaney).

Even without another big signing, Bayern probably can keep up with Dortmund in a single head-to-head match. But over the course of a 34-game season, I expect Dortmund's depth to be the difference, and I have my doubts that Sane will be enough to bridge that gap.

Let's not get too crazy
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 07:52:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Without Sane, if Bayern starts: Neuer/Alaba/Sule/Hernandez/Kimmich/Thiago/Goretzka/Gnabry/Coman/Lewy/Muller
The bench is Javi, Tolisso, Renato, Davies, Pavard, Boateng, Ulreich.

Sane would probably displace Muller and shift Gnabry inside. Bench would be deeper, and one of the midfielders would probably have to be dropped to allow for Arp to get playing time.

We shall see.
by baloo88  (2019-08-05 14:50:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pass auf, Bayern! Die Schwarzgelben kommen!

Oh don't get me wrong
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 15:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dortmund is much stronger going into this season. Bayern is stronger as well.

The delta between those two and the rest of the BL is much bigger now, though.

English papers have now responded
by HTownND  (2019-08-02 08:51:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That City value Sane closer to 140M, not the 100M that was coming out of Germany.

This should get interesting.

City has played this well.
by CuzTeahan  (2019-08-02 12:32:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And generally the consistent message across three City sources makes clear they will sell Sane, but BM will need to cough up big money to pry him loose. This is the first number out of City.

This is where Bayern's public campaign will backfire, as City can keep him for another window or two and establish value by opening up the bidding to other teams by getting him onto the open market if he won't sign. They certainly don't need to sell and Bayern absolutely need to buy big.

Sort of
by wcnitz  (2019-08-02 12:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern love getting players on the cheap because they’re a destination club. They built up a war chest for this transfer period since they knew they needed new defenders and that they had to replace Robbery. If Timo goes to Bayern, it will likely be a free. Havertz will be 80-90m.

100m plus incentives for Sane is pretty good, Bayern isn’t in La Liga and if Sané won’t extend, his price won’t be going up unless this season was a monster for him. Unlikely, considering he wouldn’t get all the playing time outside.

Pep change of tune today...
by iudomer  (2019-08-02 11:52:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Base 110m plus addons I imagine. Figure he won't dress for Cup match.

20m salary, blows out Bayerns salary structure.

Yeah
by wcnitz  (2019-08-02 10:50:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They’ve also said over and over that he isn’t leaving, Bayern has never contacted City, etc.

English papers are silly things.

I know plenty about the English papers
by HTownND  (2019-08-02 15:26:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everything from Germany still appears premature at this point.

Club's twitter non-denial denial...
by iudomer  (2019-08-01 14:24:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FC Bayern English
@FCBayernEN
News reports made today stating that Leroy Sané has decided to join FC Bayern do not correspond to the facts.

1:43pm · 1 Aug 2019 ·

Yeah, COMMUNICATION OFFICIADO

Yeah, when I saw that
by wcnitz  (2019-08-01 14:37:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I realized the deal was actually more likely.

TZ reporting same as BILD+ and kicker...
by iudomer  (2019-08-01 14:45:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this is done.