I know...
by iudomer (2019-08-04 11:04:19)

In reply to: Bayern fans getting pissed at Pep  posted by HTownND

You could say he's already an injured Bayern winger.

Here’s my useless hot take
by HTownND  (2019-08-04 13:48:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern has read this all wrong.

They’ve known forever they needed to replace Robben and Ribery

Moreover, everyone else knows it.

Bayern also waited way too long to address the situation, and when they had that oh shit moment, they went out of character and began tapping up players, and doing some unseemly things in public.

Again, because they are desperate and everyone knows it.

The problem is, they went after Chelsea and City players tapping them up.

Chelsea and especially City don’t need the money. Moreover, they are not desperate.

See the Hazard to Real situation. Chelsea was always going to sell Hazard, but it was going to be on their terms. Eventually Real paid up and it got done.

Sane to Bayern will most likely happen by Thursday. But only when the club that is desperate, meets the price/valuation of the non desperate club.

Bayern is desperate here, everyone knows it. They will have to pay a premium to get Sane. Not because City needs the money, but because that’s their valuation of the player. Instead of tapping up and leaking done deals at 90M. The desperate club should pay up and get it over the line. Publicly tapping Sane up isn’t going to reduce the price at this point. It doesn’t matter how many Bild hot takes are printed. Everyone knows Bayern is desperate. They are going to have to pay a big premium to City at this point.

Balls in Bayern’s court. They nozzed it up waiting so long. Now they will have to pay for their mistakes. And all the tapping up in the world won’t change the price. Bayern isn’t going to get Sane cheap, because City isn’t desperate, Bayern is.

I'm not sure they did wait that long
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 07:54:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of the City reporters recently said Bayern started reaching out to City back in May. Who knows what's actually happened, because half the reports are an offer was never made and the other half say Bayern has been trying all summer.

The money doesn't even really matter, and both Bayern and City know it. City probably has a bit more pressure money wise (because of FFP nagging) but Bayern's numbers are public and everybody knows they're sitting on a mountain of cash.

Which City reporter? If you’re referring to Duncan Castles,
by tex29  (2019-08-08 12:33:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he knows about as much about City as I do about astrophysics.

Sorry
by HTownND  (2019-08-05 15:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They should have had real replacements for these guys, on the squad, before August of 2018.

That's what I meant by waiting too long. They waited until right near the end of their tenures at Bayern, which was problematic.

Yep, that's on Uli and KHR
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 15:14:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doing the dance around Robben and Franck. Trying to keep them happy while knowing they were past it. Most of the supporters agreed it should have happened earlier.

I get that Bayern wants to be different than other clubs, and treat the veterans like family. Especially two that have embraced Munich. But this came at the expense of the club's long term health.

As an outsider
by HTownND  (2019-08-05 15:47:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's been fascinating to watch, and is not what I had come to expect from Bayern, and their historically clinical transfer dealings.

The past 12 months have been anything but.

I think they are going to screw up Muller's end of career
by fontoknow  (2019-08-05 16:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He probably should have been sold last year or the year before.

Nah..
by iudomer  (2019-08-05 20:37:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will ride the pine until the end of his career. He will retire there as his wife is a champion horse jumper. They have a huge barn.

Yep, he’s going nowhere
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 21:23:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s Bavarian through and through.

Like Reus at Dortmund, he’s staying put.

Some of it is on Brazzo
by wcnitz  (2019-08-05 16:13:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some of it is at the top. Uli clearly wanted to make a splash before his exit. Bull in a china shop.

Agree with all that...
by iudomer  (2019-08-04 14:49:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Imagine most Bayern fans agree.

PS
by HTownND  (2019-08-04 13:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only leverage anyone has is if Sane himself handed in a transfer request.

That he hasn’t is interesting, because that’s the only leverage anyone from the Bayern side can leverage.

That said, I suspect such a request would get the same response. Sounds good. Tell them to hand over 140M and it’s done.