I’m at Brits Pub in Minneapolis
by DakotaDomer (2019-08-17 14:29:26)

In reply to: Correct call  posted by wcnitz

And I don’t have the first clue why the hell happened

As far as I can tell the goal was taken away after the restart

Can anyone give me a play by play explanation?

Ball came off the arm of a City player
by wcnitz  (2019-08-17 14:31:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As it went to Jesus. So because the handling created a scoring opportunity, no goal. The ball direction was clearly changed by the touch.

In the normal run of play, it isn’t handling.

But when was the VAR called for and when was goal disallowed *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-17 14:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guys in booth did a good job. ID'ed it right off, no goal *
by spade  (2019-08-17 15:26:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently immediately
by wcnitz  (2019-08-17 14:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nobody on NBC knew it went to VAR for that until Oliver was already signaling for a free kick to Spurs. Maybe 40-50s after it was scored, before the restart. City was still celebrating.

Thanks, now I get it
by DakotaDomer  (2019-08-17 14:47:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always hard to understand what happened at the bar

And after 3 Guinness