The Maradona documentary
by miamioh_irishfan (2019-10-02 23:00:54)

I didn’t know the first thing about Italia 1990.

What a wild wild story.

Finally watched it...
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-10-07 12:15:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish they could've spent more time and footage on his rise to stardom, as well as his transfer to Barcelona. His Argentino Jr and Boca years were insane, and his ballyhooed transfer was crazy at the time.

All that aside, little did I know how bonkers his introduction and life in Naples would become.

I love this type of documentary. 30 for 30s are still my favorite sports production. Is there anything else out there I've been missing?

There needs to be one for Ronaldinho (Gaucho). Most skilled 'footballer' on the planet, ever.

They could’ve done 6 one hour episodes in a miniseries *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-10-08 21:45:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is excellent
by wcnitz  (2019-10-03 20:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My 15 year old couldn’t look away, and he doesn’t exactly watch a lot of documentaries.

Is it a 30 for 30 type (single episode)...
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-10-03 10:16:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or series? ESPN or another network?

HBO, 2-hours, single episode. Mostly in Spanish with some
by steez_nutz  (2019-10-03 15:00:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Italian and English, but English subtitles. It's pretty good; I finished it last night.

It is getting tons of praise.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-10-03 13:23:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A week ago, I thought the hype for Diego Maradona was a bit over the top. The Athletic’s Richard Deitsch called it one of the best sports documentaries of the year. The Ringer’s Bill Simmons proclaimed that it was one of the best sports documentaries of all-time. Numerous other reviews were also glowing. If you know nothing of Maradona coming into this film, you likely won’t be as enamored as they were and I was. But if you’re familiar with Maradona, his career, and his life, you’ll be blown away. Bill Simmons is actually spot on with his hyperbole: Diego Maradona really is one of the best sports documentaries of all-time.

I didn’t know shit about Maradona
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-10-04 10:01:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other than he was a great great player who currently has an insane cocaine addiction.

I found it fascinating.

HBO...
by iudomer  (2019-10-03 11:32:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

think it's 2 hours in length.