This board confuses me
by DakotaDomer (2019-11-10 19:00:36)
Edited on 2019-11-10 19:01:01

No discussion at all about #1 beating #2 in the EPL?

No one admitting I was right when I said it was LFC’s year?

Liverpool Fans say its their year every year *
by alleghenyirish  (2019-11-11 09:07:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh ya, they’re well known for irrational optimism
by DakotaDomer  (2019-11-11 12:12:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s a cultural thing that fits well with exactly 0 of the Liverpool fans I’ve met.

Couldn’t be further from true. *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-11-11 09:26:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let’s see how they get through early January
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-11-10 21:58:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before we declare the title over.

It’s close though.

The holiday stretch will likely determine it.
by NDBass  (2019-11-11 15:07:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they can maintain this lead through that stretch, I'll feel good. That being said, I won't consider it done until Hendo is raising the trophy. And that's even if they clinch before the final match.

My biggest fear at the moment is injuries. All of these matches in short order plus traveling to Qatar may be the undoing.

Exactly.
by NDMike2001  (2019-11-11 15:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The title isn't just about the team that is the best team throughout the season. It also includes being able to play 12 games in 40 days during the winter/Holiday season. Klopp will rotate the midfield for sure. But the team is markedly different without VVD, Firmino, Salah and Mane. As to the front three, Klopp isn't bringing on De Jesus or Sane. He has Origi and Shaqiri (if he ever gets healthy).

If Liverpool still leads by 6 by the New Year, then I'll start believing.

At Leicester on Boxing Day.
by NDBass  (2019-11-11 16:06:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't think much of it before the season, but that is now turning out to be dreadful scheduling for Liverpool. It would really help if they can beat Napoli and secure the group. That would enable them to rotate against Salzburg in the midst of the December nonsense.

Was a fun match to watch
by wcnitz  (2019-11-10 21:18:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That first goal was amazing. Of course there was VAR drama, but in the end probably got it all right and for about 75 minutes, Liverpool dominated.

Definitely not over, though. City will have a defense again at some point in the future.

I jinxed Liverpool last year when they were seven pts
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-11-10 20:39:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

clear of Man City and they then proceeded to draw a bazillion games in a row. I've also been around for the Gerard snafu. I want the fat lady singing while she has her right boot on Pep's chest before celebrating. Also, Chelsea and Leicester aren't going anywhere.

As a Pool fan, it ain't over.
by dfw  (2019-11-10 19:07:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They had a 9 pt lead almost 2 months later in the season last year and blew it.

Certainly, it is looking good, but nothing anywhere near certain yet.

True but they had only drawn against City at that point
by NavyJoe  (2019-11-10 19:46:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So they are in a bit different (better?) position this year, albeit with much of the season left to go.