Would ND soccer be more successful
by miamioh_irishfan (2019-12-15 08:53:16)

In reply to: Georgetown Virginia Final Tomorrow  posted by irishkey9

Less successful or about the same nationally if it competed in the Big East?

I don't know the answer, but going forward, I would
by Tex Francisco  (2019-12-15 10:16:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

think that mens and womens soccer are sports where the teams in the mega conferences with conference networks would have a significant recruiting advantage.

Why significant? *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-12-15 15:20:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

TV exposure
by Tex Francisco  (2019-12-17 06:12:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would think it potentially gives recruits a lot more exposure to those teams in conferences with networks, but more significantly, it makes it much easier for parents and other family members to watch a player play once in college.

To a degree, but with limited substitutions in D1, going ...
by Rocksteady74  (2019-12-19 11:37:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... where you think you can get playing time is pretty important too. It doesn't help mom and dad if the game is on TV and you are on the bench.