One thing I think goes unsung...
by Porpoiseboy (2020-02-01 15:38:39)
Edited on 2020-02-01 18:21:29

In reply to: Random Thoughts today  posted by wcnitz

Alisson never takes a second off in net for LFC. The backs in front of him make his job simpler. But when he's needed he's there. His concentration is great, and he plays his role great. He puts himself in the right spot based on what corner his defense paints him into.

Wolverpampers is playing well this season and has trouble closing goals. They could have easily gotten a point or points from Becker if he'd have napped at all. He's there when they need him!

Tied for the league lead in clean sheets.
by NDBass  (2020-02-01 23:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's done that in 7 fewer games than his co-leader. He was subbed off after 39 minutes due to injury in one of his 17 appearances. He had not allowed a goal up until his injury in the game.

EDIT: Just saw this one - Since joining Liverpool, he has more clean sheets (30) in the PL than goals conceded (29) in the PL. I think that is decent.

I think that is decent. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-02-02 17:04:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post