Also
by wcnitz (2020-02-04 16:44:00)

In reply to: Reyna - Tor  posted by Chico15

The ref bottled the late decision.

You can't caution the guy who threw him to the ground. You just can't - either it's simulation or it's a penalty and a red card for violent conduct. There is no in between. What he did has no support in the laws of the game. Poorly done.

I thought those were the right calls
by spade  (2020-02-04 18:59:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seemed like Reyna dropped like a fish twice which doesn't really warrant a penalty. If Moisander instigated a scuffle between both sides, then the ref can give a yellow for pushing and shoving but I didn't think his actions were 'violent conduct' as I don't think Moisander touched his face or head.

The fact it was a free kick to Bremen tells me the pushing and shoving wasn't the first 'foul' on that play, but likely Reyna's initial flop.

The problem is...
by wcnitz  (2020-02-05 06:59:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That it occurred off the ball. And he still cautioned the other player. So what was the act? The DFB will have to explain that, because when it’s wholly off the ball like that, the contact is basically either VC or nothing. And did he book for simulation? But there was contact, he had a fist full of shirt and clearly did pull him forward and push him back. You can’t be booked for embellishment.

This felt like a situation where he wanted to take the easy way out.

Maybe for first simulation, I agree it was the easy way out *
by spade  (2020-02-05 20:28:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post