Question for the BL experts
by montroy28 (2020-02-04 20:44:56)
Edited on 2020-02-04 20:48:08

In reply to: Reyna - Tor  posted by Chico15

I've been watching the Premier League for a long time. Cantona/Setanta-at-the-bar era. You get used to watching a certain style and standard.

Thanks to Liverpool, that is somewhat boring these days. And since YTTV can record just about anything easily, I threw all Bundesliga matches into my library even though I've never really followed the league closely. My question is: was it a bad couple of matches I watched for defenders/goalkeepers, or are howlers really commonplace?

In the Dortmund v. Leipzig match, there were a couple of stunning gaffes. Then, this past weekend, Leipzig were the defenders gifting a goal to Monchengladbach. That match was tense as hell otherwise, a real spectacle.

I've found myself more entertained watching random Bundesliga matches where I really have no rooting interest than I have been in watching the PL lately.

wcnitz is correct...
by iudomer  (2020-02-05 08:40:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The defense is lacking but more attacking talent. You put on a Leverkusen/Schalke match and prepare to be entertained. I put on a Wolves/Arsenal match and I'm bored to tears.

Or Burnely against anyone
by wcnitz  (2020-02-05 08:42:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dyche is a beautiful shithousing bastard.

Thanks, guys *
by montroy28  (2020-02-05 19:41:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Younger players in more of an attacking league
by wcnitz  (2020-02-05 07:02:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The defensive quality just isn’t as good. For as much as people talk about their scoring, Bayern was incredibly dominant for so long because of their back 4.