Ok, educate me, who is this kid
by DakotaDomer (2020-02-18 21:58:43)

In reply to: Holy shit Haaland...  posted by iudomer

I’ve seen some of the recent goals...holt shit is right

How close was ManU to getting him? How much is it going to cost one of the bigger clubs to sign him?

Played for Jessie Marsh at Salzburg...
by iudomer  (2020-02-18 23:16:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scored 8 goals in CL group stage.

As wcintz said, he has a 60m release clause effective summer 2021. Read ManU didnt want to agree to that, along with Raiola as his agent left bad taste to United.

Sounds like he felt he wasn’t ready for United
by wcnitz  (2020-02-18 22:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or maybe he felt like United wasn’t ready for him - Dortmund is all but guaranteed CL play next season. United, not so much.

But he does have a release clause, apparently.

I haven't seen this speculated anywhere
by montroy28  (2020-02-19 11:14:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but maybe I'm not digging enough. His old man and Roy Keane didn't have a very good relationship. I do wonder if that had an impact on turning United down.

I also tend to think Ed Woodward fucked it up as well because that's just what Ed does.

Pretty sure his dad doesn't care about the Keane stuff
by wcnitz  (2020-02-19 11:26:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Roy holds all the grudges.

Wouldn't surprise me if Woodward did fuck it up, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the kid just felt like Dortmund was a better fit for the next 1-2 years. He will play a ton, their style will give him plenty of chances and it isn't a huge culture shock.

Dortmund put on a charm offensive...
by iudomer  (2020-02-19 13:00:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but reality was Raiola getting a payoff yet again from United and then the release clause. Woodward wouldn't play ball with that, Dortmund did.

Raiola is a cancer on the game *
by wcnitz  (2020-02-19 13:24:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post