My friend designed this badge as a favor to another friend
by wcnitz (2020-03-04 11:52:05)

In reply to: So much good  posted by HTownND

For an amateur club. It runs circles around what the Fire came up with.

Supposedly
by HTownND  (2020-03-04 12:35:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Manseuto told the folks he was shooting Malort with that the team is working on the badge/rebrand.

It's the most Fire thing ever (and by that I mean Nelson Rodriguez fails once again), that they didn't get their stuff together in time to have a 2020 kit that works with the template. They are literally the only club in all of MLS who don't have the template, including the expansion teams. It's absurd.

I hope Mansueto fixes the stupid badge by next year (I know it's partly out of his hands). I will purchase no merchandise with that logo whatsoever (and even capitalized on some discount stuff at Fanatics with the old Florian Cross).

While they lost, that performance in Seattle was certainly something to build on. Everything they've done this offseason, outside of the rebrand, has been awesome. But the rebrand was such a colossal fuck up, it's hard to get past.

It really was a huge screw up
by wcnitz  (2020-03-04 12:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like you, I was encouraged by the play in Seattle. They held up very well at one of the toughest places to win. And the East is a little more open this year, especially now that Josef Martinez is out.

I'm sure we aren't alone
by HTownND  (2020-03-04 13:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But our office is already scheduling trips over to catch some mid week games and doing a group outing.

That happened 0 times while the team was down in Bridgeview. That move was such a huge screw up as well.

I think the stars are aligning for a very good run from the Fire, I just hope the badge isn't shit when everything bears fruit. I don't want to look at pictures with that stupid badge any longer than I have to.

By stars aligning, do you mean the Red Stars? *kidding*
by spade  (2020-03-06 00:00:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But with the Red Stars upgrading from their old pitch out past Downer's Grove, if the Red Stars could warrant a move from Bridgeview to the lakeshore as well, that would do wonders for the NWSL in Chicago. With their roster and recent top 4 finishes, I hope they can grow thier fanbase.

I went to Bridgeview once
by wcnitz  (2020-03-04 13:27:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son is part of the Michigan affiliate youth club, and we all went after participating in the tournament up in Downers Grove. I immediately realized, upon arrival, why everyone hated it.

Boys and I are going to Soldier Field this summer for sure.