It really was a huge screw up
by wcnitz (2020-03-04 12:46:06)

In reply to: Supposedly  posted by HTownND

Like you, I was encouraged by the play in Seattle. They held up very well at one of the toughest places to win. And the East is a little more open this year, especially now that Josef Martinez is out.

I'm sure we aren't alone
by HTownND  (2020-03-04 13:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But our office is already scheduling trips over to catch some mid week games and doing a group outing.

That happened 0 times while the team was down in Bridgeview. That move was such a huge screw up as well.

I think the stars are aligning for a very good run from the Fire, I just hope the badge isn't shit when everything bears fruit. I don't want to look at pictures with that stupid badge any longer than I have to.

By stars aligning, do you mean the Red Stars? *kidding*
by spade  (2020-03-06 00:00:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But with the Red Stars upgrading from their old pitch out past Downer's Grove, if the Red Stars could warrant a move from Bridgeview to the lakeshore as well, that would do wonders for the NWSL in Chicago. With their roster and recent top 4 finishes, I hope they can grow thier fanbase.

I went to Bridgeview once
by wcnitz  (2020-03-04 13:27:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My son is part of the Michigan affiliate youth club, and we all went after participating in the tournament up in Downers Grove. I immediately realized, upon arrival, why everyone hated it.

Boys and I are going to Soldier Field this summer for sure.