Bored? USMNT quiz - No cheating
by Irishlawyer (2020-03-24 15:50:19)

Here's all you need to know about American Soccer....
by eendler  (2020-04-08 11:47:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From the top of the quiz...

Did you know that the U.S. Men's National Team, jointly with Saudia Arabia, holds the world record for most players that have achieved 100 caps in men's soccer? Test your knowledge by seeing how many of the 17 members of the USMNT's 100 cap club you can name below.

No depth whatsoever.

Very fun. 2 distinct generations from what I see
by spade  (2020-03-30 10:54:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Concentrated 2006-2014 WC crowd and then another distinct group for the 90's boys.

Completely airballed on Dick Pound and Tokyo Sexwhale. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-03-25 09:59:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here was my list:
by SavageDragon  (2020-03-24 19:52:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I opened the quiz and saw 17, so I tried to list 17 without looking at the hints, but accidentally put down 18:
Beasley ☑
Donovan ☑
Dempsey ☑
Bradley ☑
Altidore ☑
McBride (95)
Howard ☑
Keller ☑
Friedel (82)
Meola ☑
Agoos ☑
Bocanegra ☑
Cherundolo (87)
Cobi Jones ☑
Stewart ☑
Caligiuri ☑
Reyna ☑
Ramos (81)

When I looked at the position/years, I added:
Balboa ☑
Wynalda ☑

... I could have guessed for quite a while before thinking of Joe-Max Moore.

Looking at the top of the list linked below, I did think about but dismiss Lalas, Hejduk, Pope, Dooley, and Perez. Murray and Armstrong were before my time, Eddie Lewis I should've thought of when I thought of Eddie Pope.

I was right there with you.
by 3rdSt  (2020-03-24 23:46:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Joe-Max just did not enter into my memory, but Balboa did. I thought John Harkes might have had more caps than Wynalda, but I only started following the team closely in ‘98, so some of that older stuff is foreign to me. I kept entering Friedel, thinking that I spelled it wrong. I totally missed Caligiuri, but was convinced Eddie Lewis would have been in the group. Fun exercise.

I was suprised at McBride and Joe Max-Moore
by irishlawyer  (2020-03-24 20:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would have had them reversed.

I tried him five times
by NDMike2001  (2020-03-25 04:09:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...thinking I had to be spelling/typing it wrong.

11 - definitely should have had 12. *
by NDMike2001  (2020-03-24 17:27:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post