Hearing rumors that started yesterday
by Irishlawyer (2020-04-17 14:11:49)

In reply to: I think you're being prudent for being cautious about  posted by G.K.Chesterton

that many ECNL clubs are offering a 10 month AND a 6 month program.

Weird how year round used to be attacked by ECNL clubs who used high school as a selling point. now, I am hearing that the "A" team in clubs with both will likely be the 10 month program.

How things change.

Here's what's weird
by wcnitz  (2020-04-17 16:41:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My kid has never played above the state level and has been basically year round since he was 13.

Now he just has the 2 month break for HS soccer, but that's it.

DA and ECNL didn't exist when my kids played youth ...
by Rocksteady74  (2020-04-18 19:04:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... soccer. But they played all year except for a 2-3 month break for HS. Fall season, winter/spring state cups, summer tournaments and Far West Regionals. When the got to college they played much less of the year.

I'm not a fan of it *
by wcnitz  (2020-04-20 15:05:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not playing year round was just something
by Irishlawyer  (2020-04-20 13:14:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ECNL sold to draw kids away from DA. The best kids play year round. Even the ECNL ones.