A video for wcnitz... (long)
by graNDfan (2021-01-07 10:59:05)

Highlights from Calvin's season this year - a bunch of Fire kids and others you have probably ref'd over time.

A couple of particular shots - Not sure if you know Lukas L. - he is such a great player - has all the tools - wish ND would get him but his dad is a UM alum...in the video here:

His first goal of the season - 1:54 in
The goal of the season - 4:33

Great video and season for the boys...
by Sonofadomer  (2021-01-07 11:56:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

#2 and #8 look to be solid players. What year are they and are they being recruited. Would have loved to see highlights of the final because it looked like the opponents were overmatched all year. Looked like some good high school soccer!

#2 is a junior (in my son's class), 8 is a senior both have
by graNDfan  (2021-01-07 17:52:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

been on Varsity their whole HS career. Not sure on being recruited but I have to assume so. #17 (Defense) is junior and has only played varsity - he could play DI. I believe that all three have played at the state level.

The Championship was a heart breaker - we hit the post at least 3 times. We led 1-0 at half - made one mistake 3 minutes into the 2nd half and they tied - and then made one more with 40 seconds left - it was a killer....

But a fantastic season over all.

What a way to lose ....
by Sonofadomer  (2021-01-08 09:08:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I'm sure that game was exciting and fun to watch. What Fire club team do the boys play. My son is a Jr. and plays in the ECNL league so we may have played against a few of them.

Wow, thanks for posting that
by wcnitz  (2021-01-07 11:15:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually don't know of Lukas, though I know just about every other kid in this video. Great seeing them grow up.

Would have loved to have watch them play against GH and Gunnar this year in an out-of-conference. Would have been fun!

Maybe next year - Matt and I were going to go to the GV-HUD
by graNDfan  (2021-01-07 22:28:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

game to see some of the Fire guys.