If Neymar doesn't play or doesn't show up
by wcnitz (2021-03-19 10:07:48)
Edited on 2021-03-19 10:08:03

In reply to: Champions Draw - Thoughts  posted by KnightlyRevue

I think Bayern will roll them. If he does, then I think it will be a good tie.

Overall, I think the QF matchups are fairly balanced. City can absolutely lose to Dortmund if Haaland gets hot. He doesn't need a ton of service, just chances.

And I firmly believe that Madrid matchup can go horribly wrong for Liverpool.

Dortmund looks one dimensional heading into the tie
by CuzTeahan  (2021-03-19 14:20:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Haaland score on anyone and will present a great challenge to the reformed City defense. I'm really interested to see how Pep game plans for him.

That said Sancho is out for at least the first leg (if not both legs) and Dortmund's defense is decimated with two starters and four players overall injured.

Pep seems to have found his best City team and movement this year, so hopeful can resist the odd tinkering in these quarterfinals.

To me Porto is the sleeper team- really dangerous, disciplined, and well-coached. I think they'll take a Chelsea that can't find goals.

PSG midfield is weaker than the Final...
by iudomer  (2021-03-19 10:58:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yeah I think combined tie score will be 5-2 Bayern or something like that.

Not unreasonable *
by wcnitz  (2021-03-19 12:25:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way to go out on a limb.
by NDBass  (2021-03-19 10:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any matchup can go horribly wrong for Liverpool at the moment.

They're fully capable of pulling it out
by wcnitz  (2021-03-19 10:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But they aren't coming out ahead in a goal fest, though.

I think it's actually going to come down to midfield play.

With a crowd at Anfield
by KnightlyRevue  (2021-03-19 10:52:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it would be way harder for Madrid (and Ramos in particular -- though he likes being the villain).

I am comfortable with Madrid's materials in midfield. Resting Modric and Kroos in La Liga and keeping Fede Valverde/Casemiro healthy (and available) is the key.