It was over with the non-red on Mane.
by NDMike2001 (2021-04-07 10:19:39)

In reply to: It's likely over.  posted by NDBass

It went from a what should have been a red on Vazquez on Mane to a goal for Madrid in 15 seconds. And poof that tie was over.

If they reviewed it and it wasn't a red (in their view)
by wcnitz  (2021-04-07 11:48:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe they cannot do anything about it, as they can't intervene on field fouls that don't result in a sending off. Could be wrong, but I believe that's current policy.

If the referee on the field says 'no', then they will also say no unless they see it as a sending off offense (like seriously foul play).

If it's a foul, it's a red. So they don't see it as a foul.
by NDMike2001  (2021-04-07 12:06:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's my interpretation anyway. If only Philips would have just pushed Jr. over from behind...

I'd like to know if VAR even looked at that.
by NDBass  (2021-04-07 10:45:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a clear foul.

Surely they did. Every goal is reviewed.
by NDMike2001  (2021-04-07 10:55:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seemed to have been ignored....just as it was in real time.