I hate CONCACAF as much as anyone, but…
by wcnitz (2021-06-03 21:36:23)

You have to do a better job of cutting through an average midfield like that. Yueill isn’t Adams, but his movement and availability were poor tonight. Hurt Mckennie and Pulisic.

On a side note, I did enjoy seeing the Honduras players have to suffer seeing themselves being carted off by 17 year old girls after pretending to be injured.

Putting the VAR tv between the benches was a good idea...
by iudomer  (2021-06-07 08:19:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

peak Concacaf.

I don't know what was funnier...
by NDMike2001  (2021-06-07 10:18:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Putting the video between the benches or Tata putting his arms around the officials to join in the review. That was some great theatre!

I watched the 20 minute highlight on YouTube
by DakotaDomer  (2021-06-07 07:02:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Damn that was beautiful

Is Mexico incapable of defending a corner? They should be embarrassed.

They're small and not that physical
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 07:56:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They pretend to be physical. They aren't.

I counted 4 on-frame corner headers from McKennie
by DakotaDomer  (2021-06-07 08:01:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe mark that guy?

He has a nose for them
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 08:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does the same thing at Juve. Just wants it.

And crazy hops. *
by NDMike2001  (2021-06-07 09:53:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel like the Irish guy in Braveheart
by DakotaDomer  (2021-06-07 11:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“This can’t be the man who put 4 corner headers on frame against Mexico. I am taller than this man!”

(He maybe can jump higher, maybe)

Horvath put on a good show as an impending free agent. *
by SavageDragon  (2021-06-07 00:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regarding Mexico
by KeoughCharles05  (2021-06-07 00:33:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck Mexico.

Some additional detail on Mexico.
by FtWorthIrish  (2021-06-07 09:32:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fuck El Tri forever.

They should have to play behind closed doors forever. *
by SavageDragon  (2021-06-07 00:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was glorious *
by Cul Baire  (2021-06-07 00:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Three things
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 00:27:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Westin McKennie ain’t nobody to fuck with. Choked again by mexico. Punch thrown at him in the Pulisic scuffle.

Pulisic and Reyna along with McKennie and Adams are going to drive this team to great things.

Mexico should be playing in closed stadiums for 10 competitive matches. Absolute scum.

McKennie is my new favorite player
by DBCooper  (2021-06-07 00:33:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boy, Reyna is going to be a good one

I’m not going to say Steffen might have just been Wally Pipp’d but...

This is the most CONCACAF match ever *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 00:21:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is now the measuring stick.
by NDBass  (2021-06-07 00:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All other CONCACAF matches will have their CONCACAFness rated on a scale of 1 to 2021 CONCACAF Nations League Final.

CONCACAF Bingo, as someone called it.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-07 06:46:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AET + 11 minutes stoppage time on top of the 7-9 minutes of stoppage time at the end of regulation.

Unruly fans, including one fan on the field and one in one of the CBS broadcast areas (not a good day for whoever handles security at Empower Field).

PKs made and saved.

The US twice comes back to tie the game.

An unlikely hero coming off the bench cold (Horvath) to save the day.

The Mexican coach earns a red card.

A number of on-field scuffles

On and on and on....this had stuff from beginning to the very end. Look, the US made mistakes and there are things that need fixing, but I checked just the score again and every time I look, we won the game. 😃

BALL DON'T LIE. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2021-06-07 00:18:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beautiful PK
by DBCooper  (2021-06-07 00:09:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And fuck those loser Mexican fans.

They hit Reyna with something

Then they hit their own players *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 00:30:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw that
by DBCooper  (2021-06-07 00:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty amazing that Russell Westbrook gets hit with popcorn and it’s a national story and the fan is barred from the stadium for life. Meanwhile over a dozen or so different Mexican fans, in multiple locations, throw full bottles at players several times and security doesn’t seem to do shit.

Playing in Denver might have something to do with that.
by OITLinebacker  (2021-06-07 11:07:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even then I'm somewhat surprised there hasn't been a MAGA/Trump racist uprising over this whole thing.

At least they have the homophobic chants under control. *
by NDBass  (2021-06-07 00:43:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Narrator: they did not have the homophobic chants under cont *
by Dr Muppet  (2021-06-07 08:01:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a ridiculous PK by Pulisic.
by Mr Wednesday  (2021-06-07 00:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think it's possible to place it any better than that.

God tier
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 00:09:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then El Tri hits Reyna with a bottle.

Herrera should be off *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-06 23:43:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Several separate times, actually.
by SavageDragon  (2021-06-07 00:45:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never understood how doing one bad thing gives you additional leeway to do more bad things. Hell, it's even called a "caution", one would've thought that was for a reason.

He’s a dirtbag
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 00:48:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always will be. The refs know this. And do nothing.

Stay classy, El Tri *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-06 23:30:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe Weston McKinnie
by WilfordBrimley  (2021-06-06 23:35:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would have fought those fuckers one by one if given the opportunity.

Not the game to watch when you want to get good sleep on a Sunday night.

He’s also man of the match so far *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-06 23:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will stab someone if necessary *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-06 23:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ref trying to bail you out. 7 minutes added, played 2 tops.
by SavageDragon  (2021-06-06 23:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They legitimately could've gone all the way to 105' just in regulation.

US should have had a corner at 101' but refs were blind.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-06 23:59:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was possibly a handball as well.

It was one *
by wcnitz  (2021-06-07 00:10:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No Tyler Adams...
by iudomer  (2021-06-06 21:05:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grrrr.

And no Musah starting
by Nobilo  (2021-06-06 21:14:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which I get if 3-4-3 to start compact against Mexico. But Tim Ream? Yikes.

Need to get Musah a cap in this tourney.

If Mexico wins tonight, El Tri could feast on Sunday night.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-03 22:54:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We had way too many fire drills racing to the back. We were lucky to play a team at altitude that hadn't played in over two months. Altitude won't be an issue for Mexico.

The play of the game to me was Sargent's back-header to save a goal when Steffen was out of position.

I was wondering why there didn't seem to be too many American fans at this game. I now know why after seeing the attendance at the Mexico-Costa Rica game.

Mexico didn't light the world on fire last night, either
by wcnitz  (2021-06-04 07:30:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ochoa saved their asses.

I think our issues at the back are mostly coordination/communication. That, and I don't expect us to have the same possession rate against Mexico as we did against Honduras. So we won't be sitting with deep possession with John Brooks 10 yards into the attacking half like last night, I don't think.

Our biggest problem last night was the midfield movement and not getting connected to the wide players and missing connecting passes. Good things happen when Reyna and Pulisic get the ball at their feet - didn't happen anywhere near often enough.

Costa Rica's keeper made some outstanding saves.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-06-04 12:09:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Steffen needs to be at his best.