McKinnie sent back to Italy, Dest also out….
by iudomer (2021-09-06 18:52:31)

In reply to: Two solid young teams  posted by boethius

Reyna back to Dortmund. Getting three points in Honduras seems like a tall task for Gregg.

Pulisic effectively calling out Gregg for lack of ideas. Bad juju.

IMO you guys need an ass kicker
by poweri  (2021-09-06 19:20:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Either managing or with the arm band. A bit of a culture reset.

It seems a lot of your young talent is a bit too full of themselves because they play professional soccer….in Europe!! I wonder how the experience is in the squad for the mls based players.

Talent is obviously there, no question, but I’d question the mentality/maturity.

Of course they're immature
by wcnitz  (2021-09-06 21:05:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're mostly young players. They have 14 more matches to grow into this.

That's an interesting observation and I agree.
by boethius  (2021-09-06 19:43:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

though, to be fair, Alonzo Davis is a legitimate player - though him and Laryea are arrogant twits at times. Herdman as a coach is excellent for us. Canadian men's football has been a complete shambles for decades. He is tried to foster the mentality that we can be a top team in CONCACAFF - unfortunatly, this has let to a slight sense of entitlement IMO. We destroyed so many teams in the first round of qualifying that these guys are starting to believe it. I think its good that we drew to Honduras and the US. Hopefully they realise that they need to cut the crap.

I’m Canadian sharing my opinion on the talented US team.
by poweri  (2021-09-06 20:15:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m happy with how hard we (Canada) play. I’m still iffy on Herdman. He blew the Honduras game with the poor tactics in the first half. Same thing almost happened yesterday when we (Canada) started off so well but he changed formations after 25-30 min and gave control back to the US.
I think we need an attacking midfielder-which we don’t have so not much use worrying about.
I also think that Davies still has a lot to learn about being the best player on his team. In between moments of brilliance he forces things far to much. I read that yesterday he had 40 touches and only 15 passes.

lol - well, we (canada) needs as ass kicker to! *
by boethius  (2021-09-06 20:33:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post