Great decision making Weston….
by iudomer (2021-09-07 17:51:12)

In reply to: Two solid young teams  posted by boethius

Sources: Weston McKennie was sent home for multiple violations of the #usmnt #COVID19 protocol, including bringing in an unauthorized person inside the team's bubble. Also spent night outside the bubble. (TUDN first on the unauthorized person violation). https://es.pn/3ySTXBU

Landon Donovan was on some podcast
by miamioh_irishfan  (2021-09-07 18:47:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

saying the relationship between Weston and the national team is almost irreparable. What a fucking moron.

Ever notice how bitter the last generation's players are
by irishlawyer  (2021-09-07 21:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about this generation? Stu, Deuce, Landon. Hey guys, you failed to qualify. There are already two players on this team who will surely end their careers above you in the "all time" rankings. There are maybe six or seven with the chance to do it. Sorry guys.

Remember when you failed to qualify at T&T? We haven't forgotten no matter how much you want to bash this current squad.

Stu and Donovan weren't on that squad that lost
by spade  (2021-09-08 12:01:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the USA didn't qualify for lack of Dempsey trying. I won't question his work ethic.

Dempsey and Pulisic did all they could against T&T
by wcnitz  (2021-09-08 12:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everyone else was dogshit.

When Jozy or Michael Bradley make these comments
by miamioh_irishfan  (2021-09-08 08:25:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you can make this post.

Jozy is too busy
by wcnitz  (2021-09-08 12:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Picking fights with guys like Twellman on Twitter.

You confuse personal accomplishment with commitment
by NDMike2001  (2021-09-08 05:52:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You’re talking about three guys whose commitment to the USMNT is unimpeachable.

So yeah, when arguably your best player shows up for qualification and is sent home for breaking Covid protocols a second time (for apparently banging a teammate’s sister), I suppose stuff like that could make you bitter.

Holden’s NT career ended in 2013. Donovan’s in 2014.
by SavageDragon  (2021-09-07 21:55:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They had nothing to do with Couva.

And Stu is a great guy
by wcnitz  (2021-09-08 07:13:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I cannot say enough nice things about him. Met him a couple times, my son attended his camp. Gracious, patient and laughed out loud when my son was taking a PK and I yelled 'don't Wondo it!'

It's sad
by wcnitz  (2021-09-07 20:11:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's clearly at a crossroads in his career. Where it goes from here is up to him.

I support Gregg's decision to send him home
by irishlawyer  (2021-09-07 21:06:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he wants to have a culture of responsibility and a "one nation one team" buy in from the players, he has no choice but to show one of his superstars that he is not above the team.

Like you say - it's sad. We needed Weston and he let his team and his nation down. He's a kid and we'll forgive, but this is a "grow up, son" moment for him.

Thing of it is, if Weston doesn't change his mindset ....
by Rocksteady74  (2021-09-07 19:23:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... Landon may be correct.

Juve's unhappy too, from what I understand.
by Mr Wednesday  (2021-09-07 20:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If he doesn't get his head on straight, he might be pissing away his club career too.

Juve was interested in shopping him even before this...
by Rocksteady74  (2021-09-08 14:38:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...USMNT mess. I hope he doesn't have a long-term lease on his Turin apartment.

Yeah I was referring to Weston
by miamioh_irishfan  (2021-09-07 19:59:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He needs a come to Jesus meeting, pronto.