I'll worry after 7 matches
by wcnitz (2021-09-09 08:20:07)

In reply to: I still think it looks like a long, terrifying WCQ  posted by DakotaDomer

They've played poorly for basically 4 halves out of 3 games so far, and currently sit 3rd. 11 to go, that's 33 points.

The good news is: looks like we've found a striker. Definitely found a left back. Acosta is your CONCACAF enforcer if McKennie isn't going to be there.

You've got a setup that you know works now. Get a point in Panama, win at home next break. Win at home. That's it. Get the points there and you're going to qualify because they'll get enough points away - they already have 4.

If you had told me last week the US would get 4 points away in this break, I'd have said that's a good result because the assumption is they would have gotten 3 at home. They didn't, but they can make up for that.

Qualifying isn't easy in CONCACAF. No matter how much we want it to be. Just look at Mexico. They were lucky as hell to get out of Panama with a point last night. They could have easily dropped more in their other 2 matches. And we haven't won in Honduras in 12 years.

Replies: