I’m confused - is Real going after Mbappe and Harland?
by DakotaDomer (2021-12-31 12:17:33)

One or the other?

Madrid is all in on Mbappe
by KnightlyRevue  (2022-01-06 09:24:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whether that will yield a signining is anyone's guess but I am cautiously optimistic.

The earliest Haaland would be signed by Madrid is 2023 and I imagine that means Madrid will miss out on him. Barca is making a lot of noise about signing Haaland this summer but I can't see how that will work given their financial state. My guess is he will be wearing the powder blue of Citeh next year.

City's new sponsor deal is essentially money for Haaland.
by NDBass  (2022-01-06 14:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably a few others, but I'm sure that's the main focus.

I doubt they can afford the wage demands of both
by wcnitz  (2021-12-31 12:30:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are both represented by Raiola (last I knew). I'm sure that's where Mbappe wants to go, which basically leaves PSG or City as the two teams most able to afford him at least in terms of their typical wage structure. And if Haaland is smart, he won't go to PSG.

edit: the more I think about it, the more I think they could pull it off if they offloaded some wages. That's a big 'if', though.

Wages off books this summer…
by iudomer  (2022-01-01 10:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bale/Isco/a couple other big ones. Imagine sell Hazard to Newcastle.

They can do it, likely from Bale wages alone.

Yep, was thinking of Bale specifically *
by wcnitz  (2022-01-01 10:40:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post