Chiesa (torn ACL). Ugh.
by ferndog (2022-01-10 14:16:53)

Not a Juve fan; but this guy is special. Hate to see the leg injuries on these talents. Same feeling when Spinnazola popped Achilles during Euro, especially as he was such a late bloomer.

Also completely off-topic, but you guys should start watching Serie A. The games are free flowing fun contests now. The days of 1-0 catennaccio are long gone; as they’ve finally realized to compete in Europe, throwing the deadbolt was no longer a winning strategy.

Go to Paramount Plus; and watch the Highlight packages. They’re 10-11 minutes; and all you need. Juve-Roma was a corker.

My Milan are finally worthy of their shirt now after virtually a decade off; and hated Inter is absolutely a joy to watch.

Really hoping Brahim Diaz
by KnightlyRevue  (2022-01-10 17:57:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

continues to develop for Milan. He has looked lively this year and I would like him to come back to Madrid should he continue on this course.

And yes, a huge bummer for Chiesa as I doubt he will be ready for the World Cup in November should Italy make it past Portugal in the qualifier.

Jose handled the loss well...
by iudomer  (2022-01-10 14:36:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"At the end of the day, when you're in the s***, you get back on your feet and find your character. But there are people in this locker room who are a bit too nice, a bit too weak.

He is great theatre and prestige and ratings.
by ferndog  (2022-01-10 22:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Romans in particular are having fun with the nickname “Special One”. They have combined the two words into “specialone”, which is pronounced “spe-schia-lone-eh”. “…lone” and “…uccio” added on to a name are a way of saying big “…one” or little (…uccio).

For example, my name is Fernando, for short it’s Nando. But as a little kid or a small guy in stature, you could be called Nanduccio. (Nahn-dooch-oh). So the “Specialone” is like “big Special”, “really big special one”. It’s very funny in Italian.

There’s a graffiti/ street art/ pop-art painting of Jose riding a Vespa on a wall in Rome. It has become a tourist attraction; kind of like a Banksy that you can take your photo with. It’s very cool. Google “Mourinho Vespa”.