Not surprising, really, that as a son of a doctor and a
by Irish Tool (2017-10-16 09:13:59)

In reply to: Jermaine Jones 14 minute rant on US Soccer  posted by alleghenyirish

Stanford grad in his own right, Morris wouldn't want to grind it out in a cheap flat in a foreign country where he could get fired or transferred any time... When he can be a star for his home MLS squad, maybe build up a media presence or be ready for whatever his second career will be, etc.

I don't know if I would choose differently or I'd advise my boys differently.

He can make that choice.
by PaulM  (2017-10-21 09:02:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meanwhile the head coach of the USMNT should choose not select players who don't actively seek to improve themselves at the highest level.

Flats in Bremen are 3x cheaper than in Seattle *
by spade  (2017-10-19 16:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Germany isn't a bad place to live after college.
by skip encarnacion  (2017-10-16 18:54:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You make it sound like playing professional soccer in Europe sucks. It's actually what most people in his position work for.