NCAA xcountry championship in spring so they could add meets
by Domerduck (2020-09-13 00:54:40)

In reply to: Did I read correctly that the XC team has only three meets? *  posted by G.K.Chesterton

before then. I assume that will mean rehionals as well. At least the ACC championship will be held. Given many of the xcountry runners also run distance in track & field they will have to figure that out as well. For now the 3 meets look fine. When my daughter ran xcountry for her the only meets that really mattered was the conference championships and the rest were just to work on times.

Maybe.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2020-09-15 11:15:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your point about track and field makes moving the NCAA XC Championship to the spring difficult. Both indoor and outdoor track had their championships cancelled last year. The NCAA will likely do whatever they can to protect those championships, even if that means cancelling the cross country championship this year.

Presumably, conferences could still hold conference championships, even if the NCAA championship is cancelled.