it felt like ND hubris combined with geographical bias
by irishrock (2020-03-24 16:09:56)

In reply to: Re: paragraph #2. I, too, about fell out of my chair laugh-  posted by Irish72

My daughter is a senior at the school and I really enjoy Omaha...it's an excellent city but just does not have a pro sports team (and I don't think they really care with: CWS, Creighton sports, Nebraska football, Olympic swim trials, Berkshire Hathaway meeting)

I believe poster was from Northeast and wanted more of a NE feel to a home/home. Creighton, Marquette, Xavier...all would be nice non conference games for ND

Agree. Hard to fathom your daughter being a senior already. *
by Irish72  (2020-03-24 17:06:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

she had a really good experience...see above
by irishrock  (2020-03-24 20:51:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully your son is doing well...if he likes Omaha, it'd have to be a great place to be a professor.

OT - I have a senior as well
by JC_90_94  (2020-03-30 15:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her Creighton experience was great as well. Seems like yesterday that I was polling the BR for information on the school because we had no connection or family history with Creighton at all.

It is a shame that they will not (at least for now) have a traditional graduation ceremony. In the grand scheme I certainly appreciate that this is a "first world" problem but they have all worked very hard to get to this point and the celebration should be one made together. That said, I think Creighton has done a great job communicating with the students, streaming mass from St. John's and having a weekly prayer service via Zoom in which the students can see each other.

Roll Jays.

I attended last week and will be on the mass tonight
by irishrock  (2020-03-31 18:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yep, a bummer considering we both spent likely 6 figures to see our daughters graduate.

1st world problem and all that.

Best of luck to her and to you and your family...stay safe