ridiculous
by irishrock (2021-04-16 23:27:16)

In reply to: Yes, small timey.  posted by Tex Francisco

no one is arguing that a school like Creighton is elite...but your assertion that it is small timey is pure ND arrogance? Has ND been to a Final Four in your lifetime? I'm 51 and the last time they did it was when I was 8 years old.

I love ND basketball, but Creighton's program is better than ND's right now. They made Big East finals this year...they made it to the Sweet 16 and would have last year if not for covid (they were better last year than this year and finished first in the Big East) They rank in the top 5 for NCAA men's attendance (great arena, poor Nebraska basketball program, and serving beer helps out a ton) Creighton would not have accomplished this if they had continued on in the Missouri Valley...the move to the Big East was a masterful stroke by their AD and President...in 10 years they'll be an even better program than they are today.

North Carolina beat ND by 42 points in the conference tourney and Roy Williams retired because he wasn't getting the job done. ND is in basketball hell right now...I don't see how they break out of it (we both know JS couldn't hire a basketball coach worth $%&#)