Winning a BB game in L'ville is always a good thing for...
by Scoop80 (2022-01-22 19:05:41)

those of us of a certain age. Doing so in a year when Irish beat UK is also good.

It's still hard to know what to make of this team, but when they're on (1st half v. Clemson and 2d half today), they're better than I thought they were capable of being.

Funny how...............
by PortND  (2022-01-24 09:22:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many of those that show up when ND loses aren't around after a W.

Indeed *
by El Kabong  (2022-01-24 10:19:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find that it is strange which handles show up when.
by OITLinebacker  (2022-01-24 16:17:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pollys and Cassandras both. I think it is possible to say that Brey makes some seemingly strange recruiting, coaching, and rotational choices *and* that he often manages to get his team pointed in the right direction more often than not.

It's possible to be pissed about losing to BC and pissing away the VT game and to be happy about beating UNC, UK, and L'Vile.

I respect Brey, aside from Jackson's early hockey years, no coach has done more with less support in the last 25 years @ND. Even Brey would tell you the last few seasons are short of expectations. I might question some of the choices he makes, but I will support him and his teams. I will remain grateful to him when the time comes and he walks away. This is in stark contrast to the dead guy or Kelly.

I do find it odd to see people thumping their chests and crowing about posting only in bad times as often those chest thumpers are just the other side of the coin and are nowhere to be found when times are tough and the grumblers come out.

It is a shame some of the negativity has driven off some regulars who offered great commentary. I'll admit to being down on this season and being happy and surprised about how it is going. I am cautiously optimistic now. The ACC isn't what it was just a few years ago and is ripe for ND to take advantage of. The problem now is that the margin for error is a bit smaller. Gone are the days of having a winning ACC record being enough to make the NCAA.

I completely agree with everything you've said here
by El Kabong  (2022-01-24 16:45:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My issue is the number of people who blow this place off after a win but will show up to repeat the same complaints over and over after a loss is significantly higher than posters who will come here to celebrate after a win but not post all that much after a loss.

At a basic level, the people participating here are supposed to be fans of the program. While it's certainly possible for fans to criticize things that go on with the program -- God knows I've done enough of that on the football side -- I have a hard time understanding why people in the first group would be fans of this program in the first place.

When things are well it isn't as bad.
by OITLinebacker  (2022-01-24 16:54:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when things aren't so well the negativity can be grating no matter how a person feels about the program. It's been a rough few years and I can see how the negativity just was too much. It might be that a lot of NDNation folks are just miserable, complaining, internet meanies, and trolls.

Hey
by El Kabong  (2022-01-24 18:00:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not miserable.

I don't know what else to call the last 25years of ND FB.
by OITLinebacker  (2022-01-25 11:09:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I include myself in most of those labels.

And even better when you live and grew up in the Ville.
by irishintheville  (2022-01-22 20:32:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two siblings and many family members and friends won’t be crowing. I’ve sat through too many unpleasant losses. Attending the 2013 game though was sweet. I doubt Mack survives this season. Tyra hired him and he is gone. He inherited a shit sandwich.

Beating UK, UL, UNC. That’s a wet dream growing up *
by btd  (2022-01-22 19:25:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What happens when Duke gets added to the list? *
by TripleDomer  (2022-01-22 23:04:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND makes the dance *
by combodraw  (2022-01-23 10:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A stroke *
by acrossdmiddle  (2022-01-23 00:06:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A Vince McMahon meme comes to mind * (link)
by Radi-skull  (2022-01-23 07:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post