What minor bowls?
by Ty Webb (2022-11-27 22:12:32)

In reply to: I reject the notion that we needed a full tie-in for bowls  posted by garbageplate

You can reject whatever you want but you have to provide some sort of evidence to support your claims. Most of the bowls have conference tie ins. How many of those bowls would be willing to renegotiate with their conference partners to let us take a potential slot?

Look, I am no fan of Swarbrick and I do believe there may have been a better deal out there with the ACC (less games or maybe we got to pick 3 of the 5 teams annually so we wouldn't be stuck with slop games against Duke, BC, etc.) but you seem to be arguing for a path that might not be all that realistic in today's climate.

The reality is that we were going to have to align with one of the major conferences in some fashion. The SEC and BIG were not going to take us half ass........... they were gonna demand us all in or all out. So that leaves the ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 for bowl options. They are all the same to me. Or as you suggest, somehow get lower bowls to renegotiate their conference contracts just to give us access while we park all our non-football sports in a some lower tiered conference.

Replies: