Ring of Honor time
by El Kabong (2023-05-14 09:33:20)

In reply to: Monty Williams fired by the Suns. *  posted by irishhawk49

I know the likelihood of him being unemployed next season in the NBA is right up there with me winning the lottery, but in the unlikely event he's available, ND should pull out all the stops.

Are you advocating that we fire Shrewsberry or bring him
by dulac89  (2023-05-14 16:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in as a temporary assistant?

No. He means inducting Monty into the Ring of Honor
by Kayo  (2023-05-14 17:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's hard to induct the guys who are working in the NBA because his team's schedule and ND's schedule seldom align to allow it.

If Williams isn't coaching next season, he'll be available; and while that is possible even if not likely, it's highly improbable that he won't be coaching two seasons in a row.

Oh, makes sense. I didn't get what unemployed had to do
by dulac89  (2023-05-14 18:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with being inducted into the ROH

What Kayo said
by El Kabong  (2023-05-15 10:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If his schedule has flexibility this fall, it's a no-brainer.

Wonder if the men's ROH may be put on hold
by SB Jimbo  (2023-05-15 11:33:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't Brey the lead dog in the selection and timing? If so, I wonder if he'll still be involved? And if he isn't, I could see a pause for a year or so.