Unsurprisingly, I was hoping for the tall French guy
by Raoul (2023-06-01 09:01:42)

In reply to: I got to sit courtside for a Pistons/Bucks game 2 years ago  posted by mocopdx

and I bet Williams would have taken the job faster (and for less money) if the Pistons had the #1 pick. Oh well.

When you are a Detroit sports fan, patience is key. And Williams strikes me as someone who has the mindset to work a multi-year plan.

P.S. Miami might be the most amazing NBA organization with their success relative to what they have talent wise over the years. Chris Quinn deserves a shot at head coach as well.

Well, we were certainly patient with Casey
by Freight Train  (2023-06-01 11:57:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Monty had to have seen that. Casey was awful.

Wonder if it's a detroit thing...they seem to be patient
by fourputtmd  (2023-06-01 12:13:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with all their coaches. Even the worst of the worst have gotten 3 plus years

Except for Patricia
by irishnc12  (2023-06-01 14:13:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he really was the worst of the worst of the worst ever. Maybe worse than that. Matt Millen level incompetency.

Love that...worst of the worst of the worst ever! *
by fourputtmd  (2023-06-03 12:11:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matt Millen had 7 years! Wayne Fontes + Monte Clark = 16 yrs
by Raoul  (2023-06-01 16:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Detroit fans have the patience of Job.

The Lions did give Matt Patricia 3 seasons even though it
by JACC1203  (2023-06-01 14:21:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was painfully obvious from the get go that he was going to be a terrible head coach.