"I am not a fan of roster churn" is no longer realistic, IMO
by Lefty 04 (2024-03-27 15:13:23)

In reply to: I understand. I am concerned about the message it would  posted by Irishdog80

Loyalty and roster construction is a year-to-year exercise now. Both players and coaches need to always be looking because the other party certainly is.

It makes being a fan much less compelling, IMO, but they didn't ask me when they instituted free agency.

Fully agree though that there's virtually no way ND is what Pedulla is looking for.

There is normal "churn" and there is blow up the roster
by Irishdog80  (2024-03-27 15:35:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and hope someone turns out to be a good fit "churn". This year's roster is tracking towards normal "churn"...my preference. We will see if it holds after next year. A player here or there is what I prefer. Also remember this is college sports with 4 years of eligibility despite the recent spate of nearly 6 year veterans on some teams due to Covid.

It's one thing to replace someone who is leaving
by El Kabong  (2024-03-27 15:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a very different thing to transfer over someone, especially someone who transferred in.

If you're in a position to attract limitless talent every year, knock yourself out. I don't think ND is in that area.