I agree that generally speaking there's nothing paranoid
by Carlos Huerta (2024-04-03 09:50:18)
Edited on 2024-04-03 09:52:47

In reply to: NDMBB posted a video today of players and Micah S  posted by ND84

about being concerned about ND's ability to keep someone like Burton. NIL is obviously a huge factor but even putting that aside ND reached 6k in attendance in less than half their home games this year. When we went to UNC this year we played in front of nearly 22k fans, which is the norm for them. Could you really blame someone like Burton for being tempted to go be a part of that if given the opportunity, especially when it comes with more money and a realistic chance to compete for a national title?

Well, what about the top ranked team that recruited and
by DomerJon  (2024-04-03 21:26:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where he ended up signing. The Appalachian State, Ball state, Miami ohio offer list isn't very impressive. ND obviously took a chance on him and it paid off. Maybe he should reward them by staying.

That's certainly my hope and if he does he could end up
by Carlos Huerta  (2024-04-04 09:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

being one of the most beloved players in program history both for what he likely will achieve on the court as well as for passing up on some attractive opportunities to move on.

As someone had mentioned it's all become very transactional so I'm at the point where if someone in a position like Burton is embraces loyalty I'll view it as a pleasant surprise and not something I expect.

No, that is true as well. He most likely could have gone
by DomerJon  (2024-04-04 16:23:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to one of the smaller programs I mentioned, done well and decided to move along to a better opportunity.

and we lost 20 games. *
by Tex Francisco  (2024-04-03 10:59:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post