I'll take snow over rain anytime.
by DillonFightSong (2024-04-25 13:39:51)

In reply to: Have you been to a winter or rainy game in a dome?  posted by OrangeJubilee

I was fortunate that my dad had Bills season tickets when I was growing up in the '90s. I went to 2-3 games a year and always had dibs on Miami. Apparel for cold late season games included long johns, snow pants, ski jacket, hat, gloves, boots, and warmers inside the boots and gloves. Plus a thermos full of hot chocolate. Everyone in the row was crammed in with all the bulky winter gear, so in a way we were keeping each other warm. On a good (but not great) play such as a first down, I'd hear the muffled thuds of 1,000s of gloved hands clapping. I went back for a couple games this past season and sat in my friend's club seats underneath heat lamps. I actually missed the elements.

My sister always got the short end of the stick. I remember when my dad took her to the rainy Colts game. They actually took down the shower curtain and brought it to the game. Either way, they got drenched. Like I said, I'll take the snow anytime.

Replies: