I'll take snow over rain anytime.
by DillonFightSong (2024-04-25 13:39:51)

In reply to: Have you been to a winter or rainy game in a dome?  posted by OrangeJubilee

I was fortunate that my dad had Bills season tickets when I was growing up in the '90s. I went to 2-3 games a year and always had dibs on Miami. Apparel for cold late season games included long johns, snow pants, ski jacket, hat, gloves, boots, and warmers inside the boots and gloves. Plus a thermos full of hot chocolate. Everyone in the row was crammed in with all the bulky winter gear, so in a way we were keeping each other warm. On a good (but not great) play such as a first down, I'd hear the muffled thuds of 1,000s of gloved hands clapping. I went back for a couple games this past season and sat in my friend's club seats underneath heat lamps. I actually missed the elements.

My sister always got the short end of the stick. I remember when my dad took her to the rainy Colts game. They actually took down the shower curtain and brought it to the game. Either way, they got drenched. Like I said, I'll take the snow anytime.

Absolutely. Rain is miserable at a football game
by sprack  (2024-04-25 14:56:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m trying to think of the worst one I’ve attended at ND, there are many candidates. The West Virginia and Michigan home games in the 2000’s were bad as were 2 Stanford games in 2012 and 2014, but probably the worst was 2015 at Clemson, especially since those others were wins, at least.

2008 Michigan was awful
by GU82ND4ever  (2024-04-25 21:08:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing like sitting through the remnants of Hurricane Ike, but at least ND won handily. The worst was a Bengals game in Cincinnati with temps in the low 30s. I wish I had foot warmers with me.

I attended ‘14 Stanford, ‘08 Michigan, ‘15 Clemson
by dignan  (2024-04-25 17:22:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

‘14 Stanford was by far the worst. It was just warm enough not to snow and rained hard the entire game. The other 2 were at least warm/warmish.

That ‘14 Stanford game is probably the overall coldest ND game I’ve attended (factoring in the elements). A close 2nd was the USC game at the Coliseum in 1994.

at least 2008 Michigan was warm
by thesixthgreatlake  (2024-04-25 17:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2014 Stanford was truly awful. It was nearly a wintry mix. I recall the 1991 and 1993 games at Purdue were miserable as well.

Michigan 2008 was awesome.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-25 17:04:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We stomped them, and their fans started leaving in the 2nd Quarter.

worst had to have navy 1998 or 9 *
by fourputtmd  (2024-04-25 16:37:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was the Line Judge, Chicago CTA flag league 1992
by ram  (2024-04-25 16:25:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pouring rain mid 30s temp
I made $10