That is my issue with Haley right now.
by wpkirish (2024-01-29 14:26:09)

In reply to: It is not rational to say all GOP Congressmen  posted by ACross

She is unquestionably better than Trump but not if she is still beholden to the MAGA types who are running the House. She has started to attack Trump more but from what I have seen has stopped short of calling him unfit or walking back her pledge to support him if he wins the nomination.

Even when she attacks him she does not come out and say he is unfit for office. Woke up in middle of the night and could not fall back asleep. Flipped on meet the press. The host asked her if the Carroll verdict disqualified Trump from the Presidency. Haley responded the voters not courts should decide who is qualified. The host pressed the question a couple times and got the same response. I thought it was very lawerly answer designed to keep both sides happy.

Welker should have asked if Haley believes a man convicted of sexually abusing a woman is unfit to hold the office. Probably would have gotten the same response but a more direct question.

If the issue is to defeat Trumpism and return the Republican Party to its former rational status I dont think that can happen while appealing to both sides.

Replies: